Sunday, February 8, 2009

Reflections on BUS 375 at CLU

I am officially in the blog bonus round (BBR). What is BBR? This when you completed the 10 required blogs and you post more blogs for extra credit.

My professional background to date has largly been as a mechanical designer/project manager/design group manager in the consumer electronics industry. My past experience working with marketing teams is they always want products that are difficult to design and deliver with the features, pricing, and schedule they need. Seems like I was always working my butt off to provide everything marketing wanted while they were just screwing around and planning their next slush fund event. Maybe my initial perceptions of marketing are correct, but now I have a solid understanding what these marketing teams are actually doing besides planning their next slush fund event.

I happily admit that I really enjoyed this class and I now have a greater understanding and appreciation for marketing.

No comments: